Child development and education course provided by Lighthouse Academy involves the biological, psychological, and emotional changes that occur in human beings between birth and the conclusion of adolescence.
Objectives of the course:
The major domains of development are physical, cognitive, language, and social-emotional. Children often experience a significant and obvious change in one domain at a time.
Course Key Information:
Duration: 3 months
Faculty/School: Vocational Studies School
Qualification Attained: Vocational Certificate in Child development and education
Code of the Course: VSS128
Fees: $ 300
Start Date: November 2022
The modules listed below are those currently intended for delivery in the current academic intake of this course. These may be subject to change in future years as the University regularly revises.
- Child Development (The Early Years): 4 Credits
- Child Growth and Development: 4 Credits
- Child, Family, and Community Interrelationships: 4 Credits
- Observation and Assessment of Children: 4 Credits
- Creative Art for the Young Child: 4 Credits
- Infant/Toddler Development: 4 Credits
- Children with Special Needs: 4 Credits
To be eligible for admission, you must have English Language (Level B+). A certificate in management, administration, commerce, or any related field is preferred.
Consultant dealing with children
Expert in child development and education
Director of an educational center to develop children’s skills
If you would like to enroll in the program, please send an email to Dr. David Baier, Dean of Vocational Studies School, firstname.lastname@example.org