Goals and Objectives of Lighthouse Academy
Lighthouse Academy seeks to :
1. Create a positive and proactive educational environment where quality applicants as students, faculty of competent, dedicated intellectuals, and efficient administration and staff members make valuable contributions to knowledge transfer and knowledge creation.
2. Provide excellent, accessible, and affordable learning opportunities including new trends in e-learning and information communication technologies, and educational experiences to serious and motivated undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and researchers in the pursuit of knowledge in areas of personal, professional, and special interest, thereby preparing them for their educative and productive roles and responsibilities as global citizens.
3. Engage education that imagines learning is inextricably connected to social change and promotes co-curricular spaces as active seats of learning.
4. Cultivate the practice of the highest moral and ethical values and principles of trust and authenticity, integrity and ingeniousness, creativity and critical capacity as attitude, conviction, and compassion necessary for exercising civic courage, taking risks and struggles, and establishing social relations as preparation for public discourse and public life.
5. Encourage excellent, innovative research that posits the discovery, dissemination, and application of knowledge.
6. Promote development across diverse seats of language learning, and an increased enhancement of diverse programs and disciplines, and curricula through the emphasis on technology and advanced information literacy across the curriculum.
7. Enhance specialized market-based courses and research opportunities in areas of Social Sciences, Mass Communication, Business Studies, International Relations, Engineering, and its subfields, in addition to Information Technology and other disciplines.
8. Create pedagogical conditions and spaces that empower both teachers and students with many ways of understanding the world, and consequently, engage in the creation of new knowledge, new ideas, and practices that come with multiple references and can thus, mobilize their hopes for active participation in the global community and for the future.
9. Create pedagogical practices that characterize not only the enlargement of the mind but the open exchange of ideas, thought, inquiry, dialogue, and material conditions for the expression of individual and social freedom, as well as developing with critique and possibility.
10. Prepare and equip graduates for their futures in the world of work or furthering education to make significant contributions to the development of society and the global community.
11. Encourage personal and professional growth in, dynamic work culture, and support a healthy working environment as an exemplary employer, where its faculty and administrative staff feel valued and fulfilled.
12. Create an ever-larger community of supporters, and an endowment including stakeholders that support and perpetuate constant innovation and progress.
Lighthouse Academy will follow these tangible processes for achieving its objectives:
• Engage and support serious and promising students who are dedicated to the pursuit of higher learning and scholarship.
• Acquire, retain and nourish competent, dedicated transformative intellectuals as faculty.
• Maintain exemplary administration and staff members who provide active and responsible leadership and constant support to the educational enterprise.
• Create and sustain educational environments, activities, experiences, and facilities that enhance and complement educational goals including appropriate classrooms, well-equipped libraries and laboratories, computer and advanced technological facilities as well as co-curricular spaces and other resources consistent with institutional goals and international competitiveness.
• Initiate and nourish educational and research collaborations with national and international institutions.
• Encourage academic guidance and industrial-sector support of higher education and research through continuous interaction with alumni, educational leaders, and the civic community.