Research at Lighthouse Academy
Lighthouse Academy plans to establish the following:
- Develop a research question. It may be something you have wondered about during one of your patient encounters. Even if it’s a simple question, don’t assume the research has been done.
- Conduct a thorough search of the published literature. Even if there already has been research into your topic, there is s value in conducting additional research.
- Carefully plan the methodology to test your research question. This is the most important component of conducting research. Without sound methodology, the results may not be accurate and the conclusions unsubstantiated..
- After data are collected, the results must be statistically tested. This is a good time to seek help from a statistician.
- Conclusions are drawn from the results and all of the components above are then synthesized and submitted to a peer-reviewed journal.
- Dissemination of the research findings through the literature is critical. In this way, the results will not only influence how you approach your patients, but how your colleagues approach theirs as well.